Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm a millionaire!

In Indian rupees that is. Each dollar is worth 50 rupees so the exchange rate is definitely in my favor. In addition, everything is cheaper here. High-end hotel rooms are $100, pedicures are $10, great meals are $30. The only expensive thing is the wine...it's about double the price it is in the US, and the selection is crapola. Grrrr...no Riesling for Kenzie.

Anyways this is the first time I have been "wealthy" in my definition of the word- I can afford more than 99.9% of people in India just because I receive a US salary. I have to be honest: it's amazing! I can purchase a meal, hotel room, massage without ever looking at the price tag. I better watch out or this whole experience is going to go to my head. I need to remind myself I still have US bills to pay :) To give you an idea of this out-of-this-world experience, here are two of the hotels I've stayed at:



The ITC Sheraton Mughal in Agra: Josh and I got a room upgrade to a suite because I am a Gold Member of Starwood (thank you Dallas case!).


We had our own pet fish in this suite!



The ITC Sheraton Rajputana Palace in Jaipur: Another room upgrade...there must not be many Starwood members in India. Bonus: I used Starwood points so the stay was free.

No comments: