Monday, April 18, 2011

A day at the races


A few weeks ago, I traveled back to the exciting city of Bombay to hang out with a group of Bainees who were flying in from New York (including two Princetonians).  Yes, this is the fourth time I have been to Bombay, the third in five weeks.  But really, they have the only key lime pie in India.

Anyways, I digress.  I have decided to become faux upper-class in India, and what do faux-upper class people do?  Well, other than look down on middle class people.  They go to the races!  Sometimes you can really tell that India is a former British colony ("u" and "s" used too often in words, obsession with cricket, etc.), and this is one of those times.  We did the whole thing, got dressed up, headed down to the track in Bombay, and made bets saying ridiculous things like "Queen of Sheba looks really good today."




 Even more exciting, I was on TV!  Yup, I can now say "I am famous in India."  See below for the clip, look for the girl in the orange skirt clapping wildly.  Aren't you excited you can say you know a TV star?



No comments: