Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 1.5


The picture is of the Dylan Hotel where we stayed in Dublin. It was modern-chic (sorta like shabby-chic...well, actually no, but shabby chic is such a fun word). I will add some pictures of the interior above. We arrived at this hotel at 6:00 AM after our flight. After check-in we went to see the Book of Kells at Trinity College Dublin. In my opinion, it was highly overrated. It was pretty and all, but the admission cost was too high. And I could not even read the Latin as it had medieval words and spellings. Grrr. After I took a four hour nap we went on a bus tour and ate at a pub. I had Shepherd's Pie. Yum! (NOTE: This was the first and last time I had Shepherd's Pie in Ireland...I think it might be one of those Irish American things...like French Fries for France or "Greek Salad" for Greece...my discovery in Greece that Greek salad has no lettuce in it was one of the greatest let downs of my life. Okay, I am going to end at this long parantheses).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meg said...

Nope, it's definitely a real British/Irish thing.